Thursday, August 29, 2013

#BlogElul 23 Love: Name your city

When I think of a picture of love I think of this beautiful sculpture from the Billy Rose Sculpture garden at the Israel Museum in Jerusalem.  Here is its predecessor sculpture in New York.

Two great cities and I love them both probably for the same reason; they both have a lot of Jews.  It is exhilarating to be in Jerusalem and study with great scholars.  It is also exhilarating to be in New York amongst Jewish and secular scholars and to be in the midst of Broadway, the Met and all of the other great museums.  


Can you love a city?  I suppose if I did it would  be a three way tie and the last city being Chicago.  I love coming back to Chicago after spending time away.  It is home and I do love it.  We may not have a love sculpture but we do have the BEAN




This post is part of #BlogElul, a series of social media posts created during Elul, the month preceding the High Holidays. During Elul, it is customary for Jews to prepare spiritually for the upcoming new year. An annual project, #Blog Elul is the brainchild of Rabbi Phyllis Sommer.

No comments:

Post a Comment