Friday, August 23, 2013

#BlogElul 17 Awaken

I awake this morning the mother of a 25 year old and the other two are 22 and 17. How did I get to this place?  It does seem that just yesterday I had 3 little kids, going to school, carpooling to here and there.  The last child has just started his last year of High school.  Really when did this happen? With the explosion of blogs, twitter and all things social media everyone at this time of year is talking about taking kids to the first day of school from Kindergarten to University.  I feel it really I do. The first day of school, the pictures, the letting go of your children.  It 's that time of year.

I suppose you could say I always feel it as I have opened my own school for the past 29 years and yes 25 at Lakeside Congregation.  This time of year  is always frenitic with opening school, the High Holy days and at least one birthday to plan.  I planned some good parties in my day; maybe because I would rather focus on a great birthday party and not ordering enough Hebrew school books and pencils.

I will awake tomorrow and it will be Shabbat and another day closer to the opening of  school and the High Holy days.  To be awake and aware of everything is certainly a blessing one which I will think about tomorrow.
My 25 year old baby


This post is part of #BlogElul, a series of social media posts created during Elul, the month preceding the High Holidays. During Elul, it is customary for Jews to prepare spiritually for the upcoming new year. An annual project, #Blog Elul is the brainchild of Rabbi Phyllis Sommer.

No comments:

Post a Comment