Tuesday, August 20, 2013

#BlogElul 11 and 12 Count and Trust

I think what counts is how you treat someone and how they treat you and those around them.  The measure of a person or how you can "count" on someone is something I have witnessed  many times at school, synagogue and camp.  When a camper is nice to the odd person out, when a student stays behind to help the last child who can never seem to get their books packed up no matter how much time they may have to accomplish this task.  I have seen acts of kindness and sometimes the person I am observing has no idea how much their kind words mean.

 The real way you can "count" on someone is how they treat a someone who is challenged by life.  When every day brings new situations which can throw you off and people stop and are kind to you it makes all the difference.  Be the person who counts. 

 I hope that this is something I have taught my kids.  It is not always easy to be nice to your siblings but I think my kids have done a pretty good job. I have to trust them at this point to do the right thing and be good to one another and to those around them.    I am proud of all three of them and their accomplishments, all in different areas. I trust they have made it count. 


  I could write more and more but am falling TOO far behind in BLOGELUL. 























This post is part of #BlogElul, a series of social media posts created during Elul, the month preceding the High Holidays. During Elul, it is customary for Jews to prepare spiritually for the upcoming new year. An annual project, #Blog Elul is the brainchild of Rabbi Phyllis Sommer.

No comments:

Post a Comment