Friday, August 9, 2013

Act like you are 80 and feel blessed! #BlogElul

Wedding picture, Marian and Jerry Michaels
January 1955
Yesterday was my mother's 80th birthday and hence the delay in posting for blog Elul.  I think the rules are lenient enough to take a DOUBLE POST.  My mom, Marian Michaels turned 80 yesterday and was surprised by her friends with a birthday luncheon.  The luncheon was hosted by her walking group and other attendees included  her book group, family and friends from 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 years ago.  My mom knows the meaning of ACT.  Just last week she worked a McHenry Country Citizens for Choice booth at the County Fair which is not an easy task.  She volunteers yearly and this is the first time she was not accompanied by her 90 year old friend who passed away during the year.

"The Walkers" Skit







My parents have always acted and stood for all things Jewish and liberal.  They hosted coffees, went door to door and tried to get their candidates elected.  Our house modeled the idea to act and get out there.  There was no question about voting, wearing a button for your candidate and of course supporting your candidate financially.

 Everyone sitting in that room is a testimony to my Mother and her actions and how she acted over her life.  She made a comment about everyone in the room and knew not just their stories but also the stories of their families, their grandchildren and their great grandchildren.  She is remarkable and I know she feels blessed.  My parents have 5 grandchildren and are involved with each and every one and their friends as well.  They are blessed and we are blessed to have both of my parents in all of our lives.  Shabbat Shalom.

Marian and Jerry Michaels and Grandchildren
Marian and MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment