Wednesday, August 21, 2013

#BlogElul 15 Learn and if asked if "Do I HAVE to go to Sunday School?" The answer is YES!


I am passionate about learning; all types of learning including school and text book learning and learning from experience.  I hope that as we approach the beginning of our Religious School and Hebrew school year I can encourage everyone no matter what your age to try out some "new" learning.  

My post B'nai MItzvah students please come and see what we are teaching in our pre-confirmation classes as an old commercial advertised: try it ... you'll like it.  Parents, come out to adult enrichment on Sunday mornings at 10:00 am  and you might like that as well. These are just a few of the offerings we have for this year.  

 I also advise that if your child asks "do I have to go to Religious school?"  The answer is YES you have to go.  This is a decision you won't regret.  I can tell you and give you witness after witness of teens now older adolescents who are glad, beyond glad they continued with their Jewish education. They enjoy their time with Rabbi Serotta, our 10th grade trip to New York city and their time with one another.  Come in and talk to Rabbi and me and we can tell you more.  





Many times I am asked what my job encompasses at Lakeside Congregation.  I reply that I am responsible for Education from birth to death.  We believe that education never stops and I try to continue my own learning through my professional organizations, Book clubs, and attending Adult Education at Lakeside.  

So for today and for the High Holy days and for this year I say:





This post is part of #BlogElul, a series of social media posts created during Elul, the month preceding the High Holidays. During Elul, it is customary for Jews to prepare spiritually for the upcoming new year. An annual project, #Blog Elul is the brainchild of Rabbi Phyllis Sommer.

No comments:

Post a Comment