Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Kallah on Israel? What's a Kallah? Who teaches Israel?

Last week, the National Association of Temple Educators, NATE, had their yearly annual gathering in Northbrook, Illinois.  Some of you maybe asking: "What did you do?  What did you study?"  Others may be asking themselves, "What did I miss?" Our conference, "Inspiring Innovation in Israel Education" was a collaborative effort with the ICenter for Israel Education,  We spent an intensive 48 hours together, studying with national scholars, skyping with scholars in Israel and singing with an Israeli musician Moshe Bonin. We all enjoyed singing Hebrew songs of the 1970's.  I was the first to admit that I sang the songs of the '70's IN THE '70's.
Arts and Culture Israel workshop


We also had tiyulim, (field trips) to sites all over Chicago.  We visited Moadon Kol Chadash, a Hebrew immersion early childhood program, B'nai Zakan Ethiopian Congregation, The ICenter and the Institute for the Next Jewish Future more workshops. These field trips

I have been a member of NATE since the beginning of my career as an Educator.  I have always looked forward to Kallot and Conferences.  If you want to take a deeper look and see more pictures of NATEKALLAH14 here is my latest iMovie.  Enjoy.  Now I have to start to #blogExodus.


No comments:

Post a Comment