Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving and how about some Hebrew practice over break?

Learning with our magnetic D'vash Boards in Kitah Aleph 
Happy Thanksgiving and I know by this time of year students, parents and teachers are ready for a break so they can refresh before the big December vacation break.  I hope that over this Thanksgiving break my Lakeside Hebrew students can take a few minutes to review what has been happening in class for the past few months.  All of our students have been practicing prayers, learning their letters and vowels and doing their  best in the 2 hours we have on Tuesday afternoons.

If you review with your students for even a few minutes every other day it will make a world of difference.  Coming to Friday night services or sitting with your students during our Sunday morning service is also helpful. It expands the time they practice Hebrew and sometimes doubles the time spent in class.  This can only help your students Hebrew progress!

I love teaching Kitah Aleph and watching my students go from not knowing one Hebrew letter to being able to read from the prayerbook  and know some Modern Hebrew words as well.  This year we have also added sign language for Hebrew words.  If you have a Kitah aleph student please be sure to ask them how to sign:  House, Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Grandma and table. Here is a video from Kitah Aleph!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving break and when you have a minute to think or meditate let me know why you are grateful.  I know that I am thankful  and grateful for my family, my Lakeside family and being able to share my passion for all things Jewish with both families!  Happy Thanksgiving!  Chag Samaech!


No comments:

Post a Comment