Thursday, September 7, 2017

#BlogElul 16 Pray

I do believe that there is no wrong place to pray and this summer I did a blog post about just that when I was at OSRUI. You can in a small community, in a large community just by yourself,  If you are not feeling well in mind or body you can ask other people to pray with you of for you.  You can sing, play an instrument or listen to other singing.  I know I always feel calmer and happier after praying.  There are many studies which tell us that if you pray regularly it will improve your health.

Being in the month of Elul as we are to prepare for the High Holy Days what a great time to start praying with Religious and Hebrew school beginning this week.  Come and try out our Tfilah, service at the beginning of Religious school and don't forget our Friday night services.  We also have Torah study and t'filah on Shabbat morning!

Praying at camp and getting ready
I love praying with my community whether that be at Lakeside or camp.  I love singing the old tunes I know and more importantly learning new tunes that keep me and I believe everyone on their toes.  I hope to see my Lakeside chevre this week either Friday Night at Pot-Luck Shabbat, Sunday morning at the opening of Religious School or Tuesday for Hebrew school.







We are also praying this week for the safety of our friends in Florida and hope they will be kept out of harms way. As we gathered supplies for Hurricane Harvey I hope we will not have to do the same for Irma but we are prepared.
Photo Credit: Rabbi Phyllis Sommer

No comments:

Post a Comment