Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Summer Shabbatot: Enjoy and Relax

Come this Friday June 26!
I love our 6:00 pm Shabbatot T'filot (plural of Shabbat and service) especially during the summer.  We try to have as many of our t'filot outside as possible and I love to come to unwind and then go home to Shabbat dinner.  My Friday afternoons usually include time to make a nice dinner so I can get to Lakeside on time.  You could also order Pizza or order your favorite take out for dinner.  Shabbat is a time to take it easy and enjoy.

Getting into the habit of coming to Friday night services is just that a habit.  If you have not been come and try it out.  Enjoy our music and lean back and relax. Not in my area?  Try out your local synagogue; I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised and I am happy to send some recommendations your way of synagogues to try.  

During the summer and especially on Shabbat I also look forward to reading for our Lakeside Book group or just fun.  This summer I have already read:  The Orphan Train, Boston Girl and for young adults: Ember in the Ashes and The Red Queen. I leave for  OSRUI in a few weeks where I have SOME time to read.  On my list is:  The Mathmeticians Shiva, The Museum of Ordinary Things and this is just the beginning.

Take a minute, take a breath and enjoy our summer.  I look forward to seeing you at services.

No comments:

Post a Comment