Wednesday, December 30, 2015

New Year's Resolutions

I am not big on New Year's resolutions but it is hard not to think about them at this time of year.  I take stock at the Jewish New year on Rosh Hashanah but New Year's resolutions seem to fit into lists at least in my head.  I would also love to influence other people as they make their New Year's resolution for 2016.  Here are a few:

Continue to spend more time with family.  Last year my family was on a great trip to Cuba.  We had planned the trip long before the United States decided to open up relations. It was a wonderful trip and because in Cuba there is no easy or plentiful access to the internet no one on the trip was on their phones, computer or any other devices.  We talked and didn't worry about people trying to contact us.  We just had fun. This is the best way to spend time with family.


What I think we look like in water aerobics class

Continuing going to T'filah.  I enjoy services and attend almost weekly here at Lakeside and daily when I am at OSRUI during the summer.  Coming to services always makes me feel calmer and ready to face the world.  I also enjoying praying with a community and I hope more people will be inspired to come to t'filah during the upcoming year.

Continue to exercise as I have been attending water aerobics at the JCC for the past 2 years.  I try to go between 4-5 times a week depending on work schedules.  I have met many wonderful friends in the class and knowing that someone might miss you if you don't come every morning to class has motivated me to get out of bed even on a cold December morning.   Exercising every morning has strengthened my core muscles and I hope will keep me steady as I walk on ice this winter.

Closer to what we really look like in class





Eat healthy
Start to eat well. This is a hard one for me and the closest I think that I am getting to a New Year's resolution. I do eat healthy most of the time but it's those times that you don't eat healthy that can really stop be detrimental.  Eating healthy is certainly on my to do list and I hope that I can pay more attention to my menu planning.  With Oprah Winfrey joining weight watchers who knows what may be in my plans.  Perhaps by writing about eating well it will keep me to this task.

Take more pictures.  I take many pictures of family, friends, work and my volunteer activities but in the end I always wish I had taken more. Many people might be surprised that I wish I had taken more pictures but after looking at an event I almost always wish I had more pictures.   I do need to spend some time curating these pictures but with my additional storage in the cloud I should be ok.

Well I don't think a have a list of New Year's resolutions but I do have a list of things I want to keep doing and one to really start doing.  I look forward to 2016 with great anticipation.  Taking pictures, going to exercise and  to T'filah, spending time with family and eating well.  Let me know how your year will start.  Shanah Tovah or Happy secular New Year.







No comments:

Post a Comment